Publications and reference materials about the WWSL and related Projects
- World Wide Student Laboratory. The White Paper.
DiscoverLab Corporation, 2006.
- World Wide Student Laboratory. SBIR Grant # 0232861. NSF, DMI-0232861, 2003.
- A. Arodzero.World Wide
Student Laboratory Project. - Los Alamos National Laboratory E-library, Physics #9806044.
February 20, 1995. Revised June 19, 1998. 8p.
- Physicist would change laboratory procedures. -The Oregon Scientist, Vol. XI, No.4, p16, 1999.
- Visionary Physicist Uses WWW To Create World-Sized Lab.
- HellerReports #3552, July 16, 1999.
- A. M. Zimin. The Role of Automated Remote Assessable Laboratories
in a Practical Preparation of Students. Russian Federal State Agency of Education, N.E. Bauman Moscow State
Technical University. Moscow, 2006. 45p. (in Russian)
- M. Kazitov and V. Nelayev.
Active virtual laboratory at Internet as an effective tool for learning. Global Congress on Engineering
Education, Cracow, Poland, Sept. 6 - 11, 1998.
- H. Shen, Z. Xu, et al. Conducting Laboratory Experiments
over the Internet.
- Y. Piguet and D. Gillet. Java-based remote experimentation
for control algorithms prototyping. Presented at the American Control Conference, San Diego,
California, June 1999.
- E. F. Steinfeld.
Internet-appliance technology automates test equipment. -EDN Magazine, October 12, 2000. pp.
157 - 169.
- K. Forinash and R. Wisman. The
Viability of Distance Education Science Laboratories. - Technological Horizons in Education
(THE Journal), September 2001.
- B. Alhalabi, M. Hamza, et al. Remote Labs: Electrical Element
- R. Berntzen, J. Strandman, et al. Advanced Solutions for
Performing Real Experiments over the Internet.
- D. Gillet, G. Fakas. eMersion: A New Paradigm for Web-based
Training in Engineering Education.
- B. A. Foss, K. E. Malvig, and T. I. Eikaas. Remote Experimentation --
New Content in Distance Learning.
- J. Tuttas and B. Wagner. Distributed Online
- N. Zaimovi, S. Leme and D. Petkovi. Virtual
Instruments - A Chance to Teach Engineering at a Distance.
- S. K. Esche, C. Chassapis, J. W. Nazalewicz and D. J. Hromin. A
Scalable System Architecture for Remote Experimentaion.
- H. Shen, M. S. Shur, T. A. Fjeldly and K. Smith. Low-cost Modules
for Remote Engineering Education: Performing Laboratory Experiments over the Internet.
- T. A. Fjeldly, M. S. Shur, H. Shen, and T. Ytterdal. Automated
Internet Measurement Laboratory (AIM-Lab) for Engineering Education.
- H. H. Saliah,L. Villardier, C. Kedowide, B. Assogha and T. Wong.
Resource Management Strategies for Remote Virtual Laboratory
- Ch. Salzmann, D. Giller, H. A. Latchman, and O. D. Crisalle. On-line
Engeneering Laboratories: Real-Time Control over the Internet.
- Ch. Schmid, A. Ali. A Web-based System for Control
Engineering Education. American Control Conference, June 2000.
- Ch. Salzmann, H. A. Latchman, D. Gillet, and O. D. Crisalle. Requirements
for Real-Time Laboratory Experimentation over the Internet.
- Ch. Schmid. Remote Experimentation in Control
- Learning Standards Guide.
- Ch. Schmid. VCLAB - The Virtual Control Engineering
Laboratory. Symposium on System Identification, June 2000.
- Ch. Scmidt, T. I. Eikaas, B. Foss and D. Gillet. A Remote
Laboratory Experimentation Network.
- D. Gillet, Ch. Salzmann, H. A. Latchman, and O. D. Crisalle. Recent
Advances in Remote Experimentation.
- T. F. Junge and C Schmid. Web-based Remote Experimentation
Using a Laboratory-Scale Optical Tracker. American Control Conference, June 2000.
- Ch. Röhrig and A. Jochheim. Java-based Framework for Remote Access
to Laboratory Experiments.
- M. Casini, D. Prattichizzo and A. Vicino. The Automatic Control
Telelab: a Remote Control Engineering Laboratory.
- M. Hites, M. Sekerak and L. Sanders. Implementing and Evaluating
Web-based "Hands-on" Laboratories for Undergraduate Education.
- Goh Teck Beng. Case for Report: Web-based Virtual
- D. Gillet, C. Salzmann, R. Longchamp, and D. Bonvin. Telepresence:
An Opportunity to Develop Real-world Experimentation in Education.
- U. Harms. Virtual and Remote Labs in Physics Education.
- N. Faltin, A. Böhne, J. Tuttas, and B. Wagner. Distributed
Team Learning in an Internet-assisted Laboratory.
- Ch. Salzman, D. Gillet, and P. Huguenin. Introduction to Real-time
Control using LabView with an Application to Distance Learning.
- S.H. Chen, V. Ramakrishnan, R. Chen, S.Y. Hu, Y. Zhuang, C.C. Ko and Ben M. Chen.
A Large Scale Web-Based Virtual Oscilloscope Laboratory
- C. Röhrig and A. Jochheim. The Virtual Lab for Controlling Real
Experiments via Internet.
- D. Gillet, Ch. Salzmann, and Pierre Huguenin. A Distributed
Architechture for Teleoperation over the Internet with Application to the Remote Control of an Inverted
- J. Overstreet and A. Tzes. Internet-based Client/Server Virtual
Instrument Designs for Real-time Remote-access Control Engineering Laboratory.
- S.H. Chen, R. Chen, V. Ramakrishnan, S.Y. Hu, Y. Zhuang, C.C. Ko and Ben M. Chen.
Development of Remote Laboratory Experimentation through
- N. Ertugrul. Towards Virtual Laboratories: a Survey of
LabView-based Teaching/Learning Tools and Future Trends.
- R. Murillo Garcia, F. Wornle, B. G. Stewart and D. K. Harrison.
Real-time Remote Network Control of an Inverted Pendulum Using ST-RTL.
32nd ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference, Nov. 6 - 9, 2002, Boston, MA,
- C. Nippert. On Line Experiments - the Results of the Online Widener
Laboratories. ibid, Section T2E-12.
- Y. Bertrand, M. Flotters, F. Azais, S. Bernard, L. Lattore and R. Lorival.
A Remote Access to Engineering Test Facilities for the Distant Education
of European Microelectronics Students. ibid, Section T2E-24.
- S. Kocijancic and C. O'Sullivan. Integrating Virtual and True Laboratory in Science
and Technology Education. ibid, Section T2E-7.
- MJ. Callaghan, J. Harkin, C. Peters, TM. McGinnity and LP. Maguire.
A Collaborative Environment for Remote
Experimentation. 2003 IEEE MSE'03 Conference.
- R. Gran, R. J. Wilkes, H-G. Berns and T.H. Burnett.
WALTA school-network cosmic ray detectors.
Presented at IEEE-NSS-2003, Portland, OR, October 2003.
- S. Hansen at al. Low-cost Data
Acquisition Card for School-network Cosmic Ray Detectors. Presented at IEEE-NSS-2003, Portland, OR,
- H-G. Berns, T. H. Burnett, R. Gran and J. Wilkes.
GPS Time Synchronization in
School-Network Cosmic ray Detectors. Presented at IEEE-NSS-2003, Portland, OR, October 2003.
- H-G. Berns, T. H. Burnett, R. Gran, G. Wheel and R. J. Wilkes.
LabView Interface for School-Network
DAQ Card. Presented at IEEE-NSS-2003, Portland, OR, October 2003.
- T. I. Eikaas and B. Foss. CYBERLAB: A Global Remote Laboratory
Network. Presented at AlChE Annual Meeting, November 16-21, 2003, San Francisco.
- H. Cartwright. Why Should On-line Experiments Form Part of
University Science Courses? CAL_laborate, Volume 5, October 2000.
- M. Beaudoin.From Campus to Cyberspace: The Transition of
Classroom Faculty to Distance Education Roles. Proceedings of SITE, 3, 1639-1641, 2003.
- H. Ewald and G. F. Page.Performing Experiments by
Remote Control Using the Internet. Global J. of Engng. Educ., Vol. 4, No.3, 287-292, 2000.
- L. Hesselink, E. Bjornson and D. Rizal. CyberLab, A New
Paradigm in Distance Learning. Presented at NSF Meeting, February 11, 2000.
- J. del Alamo. Remote Web-Enabled Laboratories.
MIT on the Road, Chicago, Nov. 2000; MIT Club of Rochester March 27, 2001.
- L. Hesselink and B. Wagner. Internet Assisted
Laboratories, I-Labs. WGLN Project Proposal. Stanford - Hanover Collaboration Proposal,
- L. Hesselink, D. Rizal and E. Bjornson.CyberLab: Remote access to
laboratories through the world-wide-web. Stanford University, 2002.
- L. Hesselink. Next Wave of Internet
Applications Based on Seamless Integration of Devices, Users, and Data. SSGRR Plenary Talk,
- R. Rashid. Pedagogy and Scholarship in
the Early 21st Century: Rethinking the Role of Technology in the University. Presented at
Microsoft Research Faculty Summit 2002.
- Distance-Learning Remote Laboratories using LabVIEW.
The White Paper. National Instruments Corporation, 2002.
- Z. Q. Guo, H. C. Hong and Z. R. Jie.Remote data Acquisition
and Control System for Mossbauer Spectroscopy Based on RT-Linux. Lanzhou University, 730000,
- L. Anido, M. Llamas, and M. J. Fernández.
Internet-based Learning by Doing.
IEEE Transactions on Education, May 2001, vol. 44, Number 2.
- N. Chao. On line Integrated Lab
Experiments for Science and Technology Instruction for the 21st Century. Presented at 7/99 Syllabus
Conference, July, 1999.
- N. Chao and B. E. Mohr. An Interactive
Internet Laboratory. Presented at the 2001 ASEE National Conference in Albuquerque, NM on June 25, 2001.
- N. Chao and B. E. Mohr. Low Cost, Hands-on Science &
Technology Experimentation & Demonstrations. Presented at League for Innovation 2002.Boston, MA
March 16, 2002.
- M. Cooper, E. Scanlon and S. Freake.Remote Controlled
Teaching Experiments, in Science and Engineering Subjects, Accessible over the World-Wide-Web: the
PEARL project. Open University, UK, 2000.
- M. Cooper.The challenge of practical work in an eUniversity -
real, virtual and remote experiments. Knowledge Media Institute, Open University, Walton Hall,
Milton Keynes, UK - MK7 6AA, 2000.
- M. Cooper, L.P. Santacruz-Valencia, A. Donnelly and P. Sergeant.
User interface approaches for accessibility in complex
World-Wide-Web applications- an example approach from the PEARL project. PEARL Publication,
- M. Cooper, C. Colwell and T. Amaral.
Accessibility and usability in
complex web based learning applications: lessons from the PEARL project. Presented at E-Learn
2002, Oct 15-19, Montreal, Canada.
- J. M. Martins Ferreira, R. J. Costa, G. R. Alves and M. Cooper.
The PEARL Digital Electronics Lab: Full Access to the Workbench
via the Web. Presented at 13th EAEEIE Annual Conference on Innovations in Education for Electrical
and Information Engineering, York, England, 2002.
- M. Cooper, A. Donnelly and J. Ferreira.
Remote controlled experiments for teaching over the internet: a comparison of approaches developed
in the PEARL project. Presented at Australasian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary
Education (ASCILITE) 2002 Conference. Auckland, New Zealand.
- T. Schafer, J. M. Seigneur and A. Donelly. PEARL: A Generic
Architecture for Live Experiments in a Remote Laboratory Presented at SCS International
Conference on Simulation and Multimedia in Engineering Education, ICSEE'03, Florida, 2003.
- Z. Nedic, J. Machotka and A. Nafalski. Remote Laboratories
Versus Virtual and Real Laboratories. Presented at 33rd ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education
Conference, November 5-8, 2003, Boulder, CO.
- D. Z. Deniz, A. Bulancak and G. Ozcan. A Novel Approach to
Remote Laboratories. Presented at 33rd ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education
Conference, November 5-8, 2003, Boulder, CO.
- D. Kennepohl, et al. Remote Access to
Instrumental Analysis for Distance Education in Science. The International Review of Research in Open
and Distance Learning, Vol 6, No 3, 2005. ISSN: 1492-3831.
- S. Grober, at al. Experimenting from a Distance
Remotely Controlled Laboratory (RCL). To appear in European Journal of Physics 2007.
- J. J. Stuppy. Automated Testing and Electronic
Instructional Delivery and Student Management System. US Patent # 6,146,148. Nov. 14, 2000.
- J. P. Richard, R. O'Bryant and V. P. Harmon. System and Method
for the Delivery, Authoring, and Menagement of Courseware over a Computer Network.
US Patent # 6,162,060. Dec. 19, 2000.
- P. J. Stephens,C. J. Dufort, C. C. Bredenberg, A. More and W. P. Mitchell.
System for Analyzing and/or Effecting Experimentation Data From
a Remote Location. US Patent # 6,261,103. Jul. 17, 2001.
- B. A. Alhalabi and M. K. Hamza. Remote Laboratory
Experimentation. US Patent Application Publication # US 2002/0147799 A1. Oct. 10, 2002.
Provisional application filed on Apr. 2, 2001.
- H. Shen, M. Shour and T. Fjeldly. Conducting Remote
Instructor-controlled Experimentation. US Patent Application Publication # US 2003/0207243 A1.
Nov. 6, 2003. Provitional application filed on Aug. 1, 2000.
- Web Site of edutech: Higher Education
and New Technologies, Switzerland.
- Conferences, congresses and other interesting
events. (Site maintained by Centre NTE, University of Fribourg).